So in the event you are not aware of what Birchbox is; I will fill you in. It is a monthly subscription that you can sign up to for £10 + £2.95 for delivery (around €16) and you receive 5 beauty items. This is the first beauty box I have signed up for as it has just launched in Ireland, so I thought why not. I also thought it would be a good way of trying out more expensive products without the hefty price tag.
I signed up for it on the 1st of February as soon as it launched and I only received it on the 23rd which was disappointing but I am hoping that this is just down to initial teething problems in terms of delivery. The customer service is also a bit lacking but I will put that down to a large influx of people like myself questioning the delay. I am being very generous with my comments as it as the launch but I wont be as forgiving next month!
When you subscribe you are asked to fill out a beauty profile so that the items you are sent are reflective of your needs and concerns. Some of the question include:
How would you describe your complexion?
What are your skin concerns?
What are your hair concerns?
Questions around your personal style?
When I finally received my box I have to say I loved the packaging and the bag that holds the items, it was gorgeous! I know my mum will make great use out of the box for her crafting so the eco ramifications are not upsetting as it will be recycled as something beautiful 🙂
- Cochine (sample size) – Water Hyacinth & Lime Blossom Hand and Body Lotion. This leaves your skin really soft but I was not mad on the smell, it is very mild and not very limey! I love the smell of lime so I was a bit disappointed but I will still use it so not a total loss.
- L.Erickson (beauty bonus) – Grab and Go Ponytail Holder. Ah just don’t get it? It’s a bobble like, it might be a very good one but still…I suppose it’s a bonus piece so I wont complain too much!
- Doux me (sample size) – Comforting Face Mask & Exfoliator. I used it as a mask this evening and it left my skin lovely and soft and it is supposed to be suitable for sensitive skin, so here is hoping no breakout will happen. I love dual products, value for money in my eyes 🙂
- Benefit (sample size) – They’re real! Tinted Eyelash Primer. I really liked this, you can use it on its own or follow-up with mascara. I like it on its own for my paired down day look and it added a real boost with the mascara on top. I am going to invest in the full size once this sample size is finished. This was an add on for the launch, if you were one of the first 500 to apply you received it. You can get it from boots HERE (they also have a free facial serum with 2 benefit items bought at the moment).
- Spectrum Collections(full size) – Tapered Powder Brush. This brush is so soft and does a great job when apply setting powder. It is also is suitable for highlighting and bronzing, however, I have not used if for either of these options yet.
- Number 4 – Lumiere d’Hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect (sample size). I put this is in my hair tonight before styling and it smells divine! It reduced the amount of flyaway and in time should strengthen and repair the hair and even better it is sulphate free. If I see a difference in my hair by the end of the sample I will definitely buy a full size.
- LOC – One and Done Shadow Stick in Champagne Problem(full size). This is a Birchbox inhouse make-up brand and it first offering. I like the colour, it’s a very shimmery copper, and would look fab for nighttime but for me, it’s too much for a day look.
So that is all the items and to be fair for €16 it was not a let down, I really hope there will be no issue with delivery for next months box! I will continue for another of couple of months and see how it goes. I hope you enjoyed the review and if your interested in subscribing check out their website HERE
Thanks for reading